How Do I Switch Accounts in the Android Version? How Do I Access Settings?

Options
sbasile
sbasile
Community Member

I have to say that I don't think 1Password 8 is very intuitive.

I am using the app on a Pixel 6 Pro, Android 13. I have two accounts tied to the app; my company account and my personal (family) account. After authentication, the screen showing both accounts appears briefly and then slides down to show the tab shell of the company account. I can't figure out how to get back to a view where I can look at the vaults in my family account.

Also, how do you get to the app settings from the main tab shell view?

1Password Version: 8.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @sbasile

You can switch between accounts and find Settings from the account and collection chooser in the top-right corner of the Home, Items, or Search tabs, like this:

The accounts and collections you have will show at the top of the list, and Settings is towards the bottom. Hope that helps! :)

— Grey

• sbasile
    sbasile
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Ahhh. OK, I see what is happening. One of my account icons is a black "T". So when using the Android dark theme, it appears as a black icon on a black background making it look like there was no button next to the pencil icon. Maybe just use a standard gear icon that responds to the color of the theme instead of depending on the account icon?

• GreyM1P
    edited October 2022
    Options

@sbasile

Oh, I understand. I've heard of one other report of that happening with customized account icons that are plain black and transparent, and I've already mentioned that to the development team, so I've added a link to this thread to it as well so that they know it's not just a one-off. I wonder if we can add some sort of background behind the icon so that if it has some transparency, that wouldn't matter. We'll see what happens in that respect. Hopefully we'll have some mitigation against that. But at least we know what's causing the chooser to be invisible against a dark-mode background.

At least you'll know that on Android you can "aim" just to the right of the pencil icon to find the account and collection chooser.

Keep an eye on the release notes when 1Password updates (or on the 1Password Releases blog) to see what's new. In the meantime, if you need to ask any questions or if you run into any trouble, let me know.

ref: dev/core/core#18041

• sbasile
    sbasile
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate your quick follow-up @GreyM1P. Now that I know the button is there life is much better. :-) I agree that the button should have a default background or a border.

• @sbasile – You're welcome. We'll be here if you need anything in the future.

This discussion has been closed.