Rich Icons missing in List View

Kh0rn
Kh0rn
Community Member

I have a problem with the Rich Icons cross all platforms with 1Password8

In the list view, for roughly 50% of the logins the rich icons are not shown, but if I select a login the icon is their on top of the entry.
Is this a caching problem, or related to Icon resolution?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Β«1

Comments

• Hi @Kh0rn,

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've been encountering with Rich Icon in 1Password 8.

Based on your description, I understand some of the rich icons are not appearing in the item list, but those same icons do display as expected in the item detail window (the right pane)?

If you haven't already, you could try unchecking/re-checking the following setting: Settings (Ctrl + Comma) > Privacy > Show app and website icons. Then completely quit 1Password 8 from the system tray icon and sign back in to 1Password 8.

Looking forward to your reply.

• Kh0rn
    Kh0rn
    Community Member

This was one of the first things I tried.

Same behavior on all apps, iOS, macOS and Windows, all up to date.
    Only on the website the icons are shown correctly in the list.
    Example:

As a test I also already tried to created a new entry in a new vault, same problem.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I noticed this also today, on my iPad, while trying to auto fill a login into an app. I have two logins which I use multiple times a day, and the site icons have always been present in the list. Not today.

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2022

Hello @Kh0rn and @MrC,

Thanks for your updates here. Sorry for the continued issues. It's seems we've had at least one other report internally and I've filed this with the development team to take a look.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask each of you to create a diagnostics reports from your devices:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#18063

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I don't have this issue. Could it be that this is because I'm using custom icons for my entries? I disabled the setting to show app and website icons. So only my custom icons are shown.

I'm using 1Password for Windows 8.9.7-17 beta build.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @DenalB, you're correct. If you use custom icons, then your experience would be different. Only your custom icons would show.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I've sent in my diagnostic report and screenshots, but haven't received a BitBot reply.

• Thanks MrC. We've got it.

ref: ZCT-95534-599

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

ZCT-95534-599

• Thanks, @MrC! πŸ‘

• npr
    npr
    Community Member

Is this bug on your roadmap to fix? Even deleting items where this is happening, and setting them up again as new, still no icons in the list view.

• ag_mike_d
    edited November 2022

Hello folks and @npr - after some debugging, in most cases the team has found this to be an issue where we have an Item Detail-sized icon available but not a list-size variant for rich icons.

I've looked back and found some instances where 1Password 8 is now showing the list icons correctly. If you're willing, could you please send an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with the URL(s) of affected items where rich icons appear in item detail view only?

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I sent a nice long list of problematic list view icons vs. detailed icons.

VWM-59375-754

• Thanks, @MrC! We'll back in touch soon.

• foxxero
    foxxero
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

I'm experiencing the same issue exactly as described by @npr. Custom icons always show, though.

Checking and unchecking "Show app and website icons" and restarting the app fixed some icons, but not all.

• ag_mike_d
    edited November 2022

Hello @foxxero,

Thanks for your message! We’re aware of this issue related to some rich icons and are working on fix. While I can't provide a timeframe, I've added your report the issue were tracking internally.

In the meantime, the use of a custom icon should help:
    1. Select the item you'd like to update.
    2. Click Edit.
    3. Click the icon and Choose new icon... to add a .png/.jpg from your device.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

• richardjb
    richardjb
    Community Member

I have the same issue. Examples include
    bimmerpost.com.
    acousticalsolutions.com
    avvo.com
    scancafe.com
    I could give many more....
    Agreed that custom icons pass through.

• richardjb
    richardjb
    Community Member

PS: I want to add that I think it has something to do with resolution. When you create a record and the icon shows up in the detail/pane view and it's high resolution, it passes through to list view. But when the resolution is low in the record, it doesn't pass through. Hopefully that's something to go on?

• Hi @richardjb! Thanks for providing these examples, and for the additional observations - I've added the information to the issue we have on file. As you mentioned that you have many more examples, if you're willing, could you send in an email to support+forum@1password.com with the URLs from any affected items?

You'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Many thanks!

• am212
    am212
    Community Member

Me too. #KIW-59929-446

• Hi @am212, thanks for letting us know! We've received your email and will continue the conversation over there πŸ˜„

ref: KIW-59929-446

• richardjb
    richardjb
    Community Member

Apologies. I replaced them all before I got this systematically with jpeg clips. LOL. But if I get any more I will send them.

• Thanks, @richardjb - no worries! Any new examples you can provide in the future would be most helpful to the team.

Have a great day!

• rbregt
    rbregt
    Community Member
    edited June 2023

I've sent an email with 39 additional urls.

[#LTY-71849-341]

And I do support the opinion @richardjb that it might have to do with lowres icons in the detail view.

• Sorry for the late reply, @rbregt. Closing the loop as I can see your email message was received and the URLs have been added in our internally filed issue last week.

Thanks for your feedback!

• rbregt
    rbregt
    Community Member

Hi @ag_mike_d ,

Thanks for the heads-up. For the record: do you forever need to add icons to the cache manually? Or is this a workaround until the root cause has been resolved?

(I'm asking this because I have more entries and I guess we both don't want to continue writing back and forth)

• Hello again @rbregt,

For the time being, if you'd like to update the icon will want to manually add a new one. The issue filed is meant as a tracker for URLs that need rich icons updated and are continuing to update as needed.

If you'd like to follow up with us by replying to the email thread with any additional URLs, we'll be happy to add them to the issue we've filed. Thanks!

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member

Came on here to report the same issue. I can create a full list when I have more time but here's a few that I have noticed this issue with today.

ebookers.com
    psnprofiles.com
    hotukdeals.com
    kvraudio.com
    which.co.uk
    houseoffraser.co.uk

• Hi @Ind3X,

Thanks for letting us know. I've added this list and details to our filed issue. If you'd like to provide additional URLs, just let us know we can update that list further. πŸ‘