does deleting all my cookies also delete the use of my passwords?

Options
LopezStranded
LopezStranded
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I still have all my logins in place but none of them work anymore. No more auto fill. Is that a feature of having had to delete all my cookies? Ironically, that was one of the suggestions a tech support guy told me on a site I was having trouble with logging in using my password for that site!

I know trouble is coming when the support person asks, "what browser are you using?" and "delete all your cookies!"

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:does deleting all my cookies also delete the use of my passwords?

Comments

• Hi @LopezStranded 👋🏻

Sorry to hear the 1Password Safari browser extension isn't behaving as expected. You're correct that deleting your cookie doesn't impact the data on your 1Password account, so let's turn to the browser extension settings and make sure everything's set up there!

First, if you open Safari and then click Safari > Preferences in the menu bar at the top of your screen, double check that 1Password for Safari is enabled under Extensions:

After that, right click the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar, select Settings and then navigate to Autofill in the new tab that appears. Check that these options are turned on there:

If you're missing 1Password in your extensions settings or you don't see it on Safari's toolbar, let me know and we can troubleshoot from there. 🙂

• LopezStranded
    LopezStranded
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks Andrew, I have been having this problem on another web site where I log in, but I can't see the dashboard of that site. I can see everything but that and it's not being solved today although we have been working on it . I think I may have the same problem here. I followed your instructions. I verified that the 1P extension is installed. But, maybe, it's not completely installed. After I verified it was there, I right clicked on the 1P icon in a new safari page.
    I sect settings but that happens is a blank screen that looks like this:

The 1P on the right hand tab does not work it, responds to nothing. It's a "ghost", I don't know what else to call it.

This behavior is seeming very similar to there sites. I can't load "the last mile", I don't know a more technical way to describe it. I'm hoping that if this problem can be solved, maybe I can start logging into other web sites as well.

This discussion has been closed.