To begin with: same OS on both Macs, latest version of OS X. Same version of 1Password 3.9.6. Same version of 1Password Safari Extension, 3.9.9

I have saved the log in data for http://forum.agilebits.com in the 1Password.app.

When I use the 1Password.app and attempt to log into this site on my iMac, it works just fine.

When I use the 1Password.app and attempt to log into this site on my MacBook Pro, I see the Log in form filled out, followed by the password blank reverting to blank and the banner: Couldn't log you in as "my username".

Can anyone offer any insight or guidance on why this may be so???

Better still, a fix for how to get it working on the MacBook?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2012
    You've got me scratching my head a bit. Let's try creating a new Login item.

1. Open this login page in your browser: http://forum.agilebi...l&section=login
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired). It is probably a good idea to give it a unique name to differentiate it fro your other Login item.
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login at:

http://forum.agilebi...l&section=login

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks, Khad. I found my mistake. I don't know how it happened but somehow I was logging on to two different 1Password/Agilebits sites. I got it straightened out now, but may I ask you a follow up question since I have your attention.

With the new 1Password version for iOS, which I have purchases and installed, when I go to Settings > Sync on my iPhone 5, I see that I now have the choice to use iCloud or Dropbox to keep my accounts in Sync over my iMac, MacBook Air, iPhone, and iPad.

I have been using Dropbox.

What is recommended?

Is one more secure than the other?

Can you/should you use both?

Many thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    There is no iCloud syncing in 1Password 3 for Mac (the current version). You are only going to see the option in 1Password 4 for iOS right now since 1Password 4 for Mac is not available.

You can definitely enable both, but only Dropbox will sync to anything other than 1Password 4 for iOS.
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Thank you again, Khad. Seem to be taking up a lot of your time today.

I see what you mean: I have v 3 on my iMac and MacBook Air and v 4 only on my iPhone and iPad.

Once 1 Password for Mac is upgraded, I guess there will be instructions clarifying which is the preferred method for syncing: Dropbox or iCloud.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Indeed. For now Dropbox is the only cross-platform solution, so it obviously continues to be the recommended method. Even now, though, it doesn't hurt to enable both to have some redundancy. :)
This discussion has been closed.