Cannot Login on MacBook Pro M1 1 Password 8

Options
ianbateman
ianbateman
Community Member

I am able to sign in on my browser on both my MacBook Pro and my iMac and I can sign onto the Mac app on my iMac, but when I try signing onto my MacBook Pr, I get the following message.

We weren't able to sign in to your account. Maybe there's a typo? Check your sign-in details and try again.

I have tried several times so I am not mistyping the password

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey there @ianbateman

If you're having trouble signing in, double-check that the following details are also correct:

• sign-in address (typically https://my.1password.com/ but may be different if you're using 1Password at work)
    • email address
    • Secret Key

If everything matches what you have on your Emergency Kit or in My Profile on 1Password.com, then try adding your account from 1Password.com instead. Here's what to do:

1. Sign in to 1Password.com here: https://start.1password.com/signin/
    2. Click your name in the top-right corner, then Get the Apps.
    3. Click the blue Add your account directly button and click Open 1Password in any confirmation prompt that appears.
    4. Enter your account password when prompted and sign in.

Let me know how you get on with the above. I'll be here if you need any other help. :)

— Grey

• ianbateman
    ianbateman
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi Grey,

I can carry out all of those steps without problem, but as soon as I get to the Sign In window of the App, I get that error message. It must be something to do with the M1 MacBook because exactly the same steps on my iMac work fine.

One difference, that might be causing the issue is that the M1 MacBook has Touch ID active.

• @ianbateman

Thanks for the screenshots. I'd be very surprised if Touch ID has much to do with this issue – normally, I'd expect something like a VPN or proxy to be a factor.

If you have anything like a VPN or proxy turned on, try turning it off to see if that'll help. Let me know how that goes.

This discussion has been closed.