Family Plan, My personal, and My Wife's personal. non of our pictures match our respective accounts

Options
rbrugger
rbrugger
Community Member

Family Plan, My personal, and My Wife's personal. non of our pictures match our respective accounts with in the family acct

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Family Plan, My personal, and My Wife's personal. non of our pictures match our respective accounts

Comments

• rbrugger
    rbrugger
    Community Member
    Options

I am the owner of the family plan. I named it the "family plan" and added a pic of my family..
    When I log in with BROWSER I see my pic and my vaults.
    When I click the button PEOPLE I see 2 users. Me with my pic and wife with her pic.
    when I log in with the APP I see the title "family plan" and the pic of my family and MY vaults.
    When my wife logs in with the APP she sees the title "family plan" and a pic of our family and HER vaults.
    It seems like we should be seeing our own pic when we log in to the APP.
    Did I do something wrong?

• Hi @rbrugger

When you unlock 1Password on your device (not in the browser), you'll see your "family portrait", the icon that represents the whole family account, rather than just you.

If you've set a photo of you as the Family Portrait, then all users of the family account would see that when they unlock 1Password. You can change your Family Portrait by following these steps:

1. Sign in to your account at 1Password.com.
    2. Click Settings on the right-hand sidebar.
    3. Click the 🔽 down arrow on the current family portrait and choose a new preset icon, or click the + plus icon to upload one of your own.

You can also change your user avatar, the icon which represents you individually within the family. Here's what to do:

1. Sign in to your account at 1Password.com.
    2. Click your name in the top-right corner and choose My Profile.
    3. Under your name in the top-left corner, click Edit Details, then the 🔽 down arrow on the current user avatar. Choose a new preset icon, or click + to upload a custom icon.

Make sure that the family portrait isn't specific to any one of you and that each user of the family account sets their own user avatar if they want. Then everything will look as it should do. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• edwardsson
    edwardsson
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

I have got the same problem and I do believe that even if I have a Family Plan, I should be able to see my own picture when I unlock 1Password in my iPhone or my iPad. The same goes for the rest of the family. We all wants to b able to see our own pictures while log in to our personal accounts (that are included within our family account).

Thanks for the explanations how to change the avatars/pictures, but it does not solve the problem. The problem is still that it is not showing the correct picture/avatar while unlocking the 1Password on the individual basis.

• @edwardsson

We show account pictures, such as the family portrait for family accounts, so that you can tell what's what, especially if you have more than one account added to 1Password. If 1Password showed your user avatar all the time, you might see a picture of yourself multiple times without knowing what account that belonged to. Take my lock screen as an example:

As you can see, I'm able to tell which account is which based on the account picture, rather than seeing my user avatar three times. If it showed my user avatar three times, I'd have to hover my pointer over each account and look at the tooltip to see what account each one represents.

The only way the members of your family would not see the family portrait, and would only see themselves, would be if they were all to use individual accounts. I hope that explains why 1Password works this way, but if you have any questions, please do let me know. :)

• grego45678
    grego45678
    Community Member
    Options

Why did we each have our individual avatar photos show up in 1password 7. This was changed in 1password 8. This looks very confusing for the non owner of the account, looks like they were logging into the wrong account.

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2022
    Options

@grego45678

Can you tell me what part of 1Password 7 you're referring to? 1Password 7's lock screen didn't include any pictures/avatars:

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.