1Password 8 android app not always auto filling or showing suggestions

JH94
JH94
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Android

Hi,

I have been getting an issue with the 1Password 8 app where it often does not show suggestions on the top of gboard.

It does work however if i open the 1Password 8 app to 'wake' it up then go back to my browser window or app and it will suggest the password on the top of the keyboard without me even having to refresh the page.

I have tried to change the power settings for the 1password app so that it is 'unrestricted' but this does not seem to make any difference, is this a bug in the new version or any other suggestions?

Tested on Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Browser:_ Chrome/ any apps

Comments

• Hello @JH94 thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you. I have a Pixel 4a handy and I'm not seeing the same behavior even with a restart or a force stop.

When you 'wake up' 1Password is it open in the background but locked or closed completely? I'd also like to ask you to try re-installing 1Password 8 for Android. Before uninstalling please confirm that you can sign in on 1Password.com or another 1Password app. Do you see any difference in behavior with a fresh install? Thanks again!

• JH94
    JH94
    Community Member

Hey @ag_timothy , Thanks for the reply, i'll give that a try and see how it goes. Will report back if still getting the same behaviour.

Thanks,

• catbrains
    catbrains
    Community Member

It sometimes shows for the username field but not for the password field, and a lot of apps ask for your username before allowing password field to accept input. I'm on Android 12 with Gboard.

• Hi @catbrains, thanks for joining the conversation! Have you noticed this predominantly in apps? If so, please share any of the apps where you've seen this behavior. I would be happy to file them with the team. Thanks again!

• tezvienna
    tezvienna
    Community Member

Same here with a Xiaomi Tab 5, massive filling problems with v8, while v7 worked.

• Hi @tezvienna, I'm sorry to hear this has been an issue for you!

You may need to turn Display pop-up windows on. You can enable that setting with these steps:
    1. Open your device settings.
    1. Tap Apps > Manage apps > 1Password 8 > Other permissions.
    1. Tap "Display pop-up windows while running in the background" on.

Let me know if that works for you!

• cromm
    cromm
    Community Member

@ag_timothy I'm having similar issues so I went to make those changes. I don't have any options for "Other permissions".

• tezvienna
    tezvienna
    Community Member

Hi @ag_timothy,
    thank you, your hint solved my problem!
    Regards

• Great to hear it @tezvienna!

Cromm, it looks like we have another thread open regarding filling issues. Lets continue the conversation there.

• WWisey
    WWisey
    Community Member

a link would have been nice

• Hi @WWisey, sorry to hear you've run into filling issues! I've just replied to you in another thread: https://1password.community/discussion/132568/1password-8-not-working-on-android#latest

This discussion has been closed.