Bug: updated item ignored in browser

Options

Steps to repro:

1. select a login item in Chrome extension
  2. click Edit in the hotdog menu
  3. 1Password app is automatically opened
  4. edit login name and save
  5. return to the browser, the login name is never updated (reloading or reopening the web page doesn't help)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    I cannot reproduce your problem.
    The update is instantaneous (there is a link between the Windows application and the extension).
    What is the version of the 1Password extension.
    The latest is available here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/1password?hl=en
    Version : 2.3.8

• Hey @pixycz,

Thanks for your input @Ekalb, I am also having trouble reproducing this on my end.

If you lock and unlock 1Password in your browser do you then see the updated item?

In addition, if you open your 1Password app and make a change here, is this reflected in your browser?

Any information would be really useful!

• pixycz
    pixycz
    Community Member
    Options

First of all: I can't edit an item or unlock 1Password in the browser. If I click "Edit" or "Unlock" in the browser, the desktop app is opened automatically and I have tio edit/unlock there.

Any of the changes didn't apply in the browser. But when I locked/unlocked 1Password it started to work and now any change is reflected instantly. Now, I'm neither able to reproduce the bug anymore. I have no idea what setup leads to the buggy behavior.

• steph.giles
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hey @pixycz,

Thank you for getting back to me.

This is expected behaviour in regards to editing an item. 1Password in your browser integrates directly with your 1Password desktop app so the app will open for changes to be made.

Changes should be reflected almost instantly but in an event that this isn't the case, locking and unlocking 1Password should force a sync.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

This discussion has been closed.