Is there a way to have 1password autofill app password?

Options
dp357sig
dp357sig
Community Member

When I log into an app in iOS. I have to search for the app in 1password. This adds a lot of time to logging in. Is there a way to add the app to 1password so it will auto fill or at the vary least show in suggestions? Some apps do auto fill, most do not.

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.0.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• GreyM1P
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hey there @dp357sig

It sounds like 1Password isn't able to suggest your Login item when you autofill in those apps. This will usually be because the "website" field in the Login doesn't match the app's "Associated Domain" – that is, the website address which is claimed by that app for autofill purposes. For example, the Twitter app claims twitter.com as its Associated Domain, so that items matching that address are suggested automatically.

Here's what to try:

1. Open the app in question.
    2. Tap the Password field, then the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard.
    3. Check the header that appears on the pop-up:

☞ If the "Suggestions For" header also includes a website address, that's the Associated Domain, and you should make sure that the "website" field of the Login matches this.

☞ If the "Suggestions For" header just says "Suggested Items" with no address, then the app developers haven't set an Associated Domain, and you'll have to search for it each time, because neither iOS nor 1Password will know what to suggest. That would be something that only the app developers can fix, as it's part of how the app is written. In that case, I'd advise contacting them through the "App Support" link in their App Store listing to give them your feedback.

Have a look at that and let me know how things go. I'll be here if you need any more help. :)

— Grey

• dp357sig
    dp357sig
    Community Member
    Options

"If the "Suggestions For" header just says "Suggested Items" with no address" this appears to be the problem.
    Before 1pasword 8 it would show in suggestions. So I'm not sure what change. 1password should at lest show some suggestion. Maybe recently used etc.

• @dp357sig – Thanks for the update. If you can let me know what the app in question is, I'll be able to test it and see what's going on. Then I can see if it's something caused by 1Password or by that app.

• dp357sig
    dp357sig
    Community Member
    Options

Huntington bank app

• @dp357sig

I've just tested that app with both 1Password 7 and 1Password 8, and neither version is able to suggest a Login because the app in question doesn't have an Associated Domain. You'll be able to provide that feedback to the app developer through the App Store listing, which I've found here:

Huntington CFCU on the App Store

There's an App Support link towards the bottom which will allow you to contact the developers. Only they will be able to reinstate autofill for this app. You'll still be able to search for a Login when you tap the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard, but without that Associated Domain, you won't see any suggestions.

I hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.