Unable to Save New Logins Firefox

Won't save new login. I don't frequently need to save new logins, so unclear how often/long this is an issue--but definitely not the smooth flow I expect.

See screenshot:

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: 2.4.7
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Firefox 105.0.3

Comments

• IR69
    IR69
    Community Member

I reported the same problem although with Firefox on Windows.
    https://1password.community/discussion/133409/clicking-on-suggested-password-does-nothing

Still no fix :(

• Fedup
    Fedup
    Community Member

I ditched the beta extension from all my browsers. It has too many issues and support has yet to reply to my thread from 2 weeks ago. Luckily I was able to revert back to the non beta extension and my issues disappeared.

• jschussler
    jschussler
    Community Member

Piling on. This is really a drag....

• Hello all,

Thanks for your messages here. I'm sorry for the troubles you've been encountering. For those that are not aware, we're looking further into this issue further and I've included each user's details where necessary.

Currently, we've had word that locking and unlocking the extension or app helps, but can also suggest removing the Beta extension from your browser and install the Production release, to help while the team investigates.

Your patience is appreciated.

ref: dev/core/core#17386

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

@jschussler , @Fedup , @IR69 , @OlivierP , @rpallred
    New beta 2.5.0 was released (https://releases.1password.com/b5x/beta/#1password-in-the-browser-2.5.0). I just switched from stable to beta release in Firefox. I already tried saving new logins and it worked. Maybe you could also try if the new beta is working again? Hopefully the issue is fixed now. 🤔

• Fedup
    Fedup
    Community Member

@DenalB thanks for the the heads up re new beta extension

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I'm still seeing version 2.4.7 for Firefox, not 2.5.0. Is this expected?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited November 2022

Hey @MrC !

Yes. You have to manually update the extension in Firefox after installing from 1Password. 😉

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Yup, I now have it. Thanks @DenalB .

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

You're welcome. Actually, v2.5.0 works for me ... Let's hope it works on every site now.

• Paulus
    Paulus
    Community Member

Does not work for me. Using version 2.5.1 Firefox. Mac
    But I am quite sure it happened in Brave as well. I use both almost simultanously
    It is truly horrible as I basically have to do all new logins manually....

1Password blanks the save button (it is not functioning) of the new login.
    I can only press cancel. All info is lost and not (even partially) saved. And make a manual new login, copying and typing all the details manually. Especially when using the automatic generated pasword function from 1P this is often lost due to not saving, so I have to request a new "lost password' fromthe sit
    Even worse the 1Password overlaps the login from the site, and blocks the login details and button from the site I need to login to.
    I cannot move the 1P new login screen.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @Paulus ,

maybe you should give the current beta build of the Firefox extension a try. I'm using 2.6.1 beta and don't have such problems anymore.
    https://1password.com/de/downloads/windows/#beta-downloads

• Paulus
    Paulus
    Community Member

Thnx. Using Mac but thnx, will give beta a try. Merr Xmas

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I keep my fingers crossed, @Paulus ! Merry Christmas to you, too. 🎅

This discussion has been closed.