Greyed out screen after accepting suggested password

Options
TeKno Ziz
TeKno Ziz
Community Member

When creating a new online account and the page asks for a password, when I accept 1P suggestion, it populates the fields and then the window turns grey and I am unable to proceed, nothing works. I need to refresh in order to get it back. I also just noticed that I was running both the beta and production versions of the plugin, so I just disabled the production one to see if that will help. Maybe the plugin should check for multiple/outdated instances.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@TeKno Ziz

It could be possible that having multiple version installed caused some confusion with the app. Please let us know if you continue to experience trouble. I can't say if the idea is possible, I'll let those developers tackle that. I appreciate you sharing it with me. I'll share it with the team.

ref: IDEA-I-1428

• TeKno Ziz
    TeKno Ziz
    Community Member
    Options

It seems like it might be the case, I already had another instance of a signup and this time it seemed to work fine. For the Mac, should I still be on the Beta channel or should I go back to the production release?

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@TeKno Ziz

You might have been using the beta to get the newest UI refresh. I know I was interested in that. I use the nightlies for 1Password for Mac coupled with the production for 1Password in the browser. Either option is available to you. That said, you might want the production as you'll see less updates and possible less interruption to your workflow. I'm not sure how noisy the beta channel is as far as updates are concerned.

• MaxPVD
    MaxPVD
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    I am having the exact same issue with 1Password in Safari as TeKno Ziz described back in July. Running 1Password for Mac 8.9.4 on MacOS 12.6. There are no other versions of 1Password in the Applications folder other than 1Password for Safari 2.3.8.

• @MaxPVD

Let's get you over to my email colleagues for a deeper dive.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Tap your 1Password account icon from the 1Password home screen.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap Help.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: MaxPVD
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/661440/#Comment_661440

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• MaxPVD
    MaxPVD
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    [#SXQ-25271-195]

• MaxPVD
    MaxPVD
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    Thank you for the quick response! Just FYI: To get to diagnostics in 1Password 8.9.4 I had to follow steps that were slightly different from those you listed:
    1. Open 1Password
    2. Tap your 1Password account icon from the 1Password home screen
    3. Tap Preferences
    4. Tap Advanced
    5. Click Send Diagnostics

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2022
    Options

Sorry @MaxPVD

My bad. I grabbed the steps from 1Password 7. Glad you were able to sort my flub.

ref: SXQ-25271-195

This discussion has been closed.