2 Windows Hello prompts whenever 1Password asks for it

Using the current nightlies. Since a few days (and a few different nightlies), approx. since a week, whenever 1Password asks for my Windows Hello Pin, it is asked twice.
I can enter the pin 2 times, then 1Password is unlocked.
I can also press ESC at the 1st prompt and enter the pin the 2nd prompt, 1Password is unlocked.
I can also enter the pin at the 1st prompt and press ESC at the 2nd prompt, 1Password is unlocked.
Same behavior if I start a SSH session and 1Password asks for the session authorization.

If I abort both prompts with ESC, a 3rd Hello prompt appears. However, 1Password will not unlock no matter if I enter the correct pin this time or not.

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.7 (80907014)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Tertius3:

This is something we're aware of and investigating. Hopefully we'll have it sorted out soon.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#17771

• BSi
    BSi
    Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue, however I'm using BETA builds, so this issue clearly has been allowed to reach BETA channel as well. Hope you could fix it before releasing a new PROD build with that inside, as it is quite annoying and would definitely yield a lot of new support cases if released to PROD.

Moreover sometimes it not only asks for Windows Hello auth twice, but even 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 times, however twice is the most common occurrence. Never once though.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

For me, the issue is gone since 3 or 4 days ago.

• Hello folks,

@Tertius3 - thanks for letting us know this issues has been resolved!

@BSi - Since you're on the Beta channel, please check for and update to version (8.9.7-31). This version was released today and includes a fix to help where customers would see the Windows Hello prompt appear multiple times. Please let us know if you are still seeing any troubles. Thanks!

Use 1Password beta releases

• BSi
    BSi
    Community Member

@ag_mike_d thanks, that was quick! :) I can confirm that it seems to be fixed in the latest BETA as well.

• Hello @BSi - You're most welcome and thanks for confirming! I'm happy to hear this is resolved with the Beta.

If you do run into any other troubles, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.