Can login to account on webpage, but not with app or Safari extension

Options
spartridge
spartridge
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Business and Teams

I just had to recover my password with my company admin, and I am able to login to my account using Safari. However, I cannot get my login to work on either the app (which is downloaded from the "Get the Apps" page after logging into the browser) or in the Safari plugin. Can someone please help me understand why this is occurring?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hey @spartridge,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble unlocking 1Password after recovering your account, and it would be my pleasure to help get this sorted out for you. If you haven't yet, can you email support@1password.com and mention this forum thread. Let me know when that email is sent and I'll reconnect with you over email to get everything working again.

Thank you,

• spartridge
    spartridge
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me. Support reached out to me and provided me a link to reset the app on the computer.

Once I followed these instructions, I was able to log in and get the functionality back.

The only trick that wasn't explained was that when logging in after renaming the folder, I needed to go one step deeper on the login page and update to the new key from the password recovery process. Once I did that and used the new password, the function was restored on the computer.

• Hi @spartridge, I'm glad to hear you were able to get this sorted out!

I did remove the link from your post as the instructions should only be followed when someone is advised to reset the app by our support team. There is a risk of data loss in some rare circumstances, and we can help mitigate that.

If anyone else has a similar issue, please email our support team and we're happy to help.

Have a good day / evening / night.

This discussion has been closed.