Add watch complication

reck
reck
Community Member

I currently use an app called cheatsheet to quickly access less secure, frequently needed codes and passwords from my watch. The nice thing about this app is that you can add a complication to the watch face and then whenever I need a code I can just click the complication on my watch and it pops up.

Ideally i'd just like to use 1Password for storing all my data but I can't until the 1Password watch is improved with the following two features.

• Add a complication for a quick access to items.
  • Ensure the watch app syncs all data (all fields) across to the watch for the few items that have been selected to sync.

Hope we see some improvements to the watch app in the near future (other than just unlocking 1Password on other devices).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @reck Thank you for the suggestions. I'll share them with the team. The watch can sync some item types and fields. You may already be familiar. https://support.1password.com/apple-watch/

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy,

Thanks for link but it just seems to confirms the current limitation with the watch app in that it can sync certain items but not neccasarilly all the data. Most of my items have fields that i've added over time and the watch app completely ignores these fields unlink the other 1Password applications which makes the whole thing useless.

Hopefully the watch app can be updated in the near future so that all data for the items selected is synced over so we're not left with items where data is missing.

Thanks

• Noted. :chuffed:

• mannym122
    mannym122
    Community Member

+1 for the watch complication. Just the ability to launch 1P from my watch face would be very convenient. I saw that there was a thread about this back in 2017--it's been almost 4 years and still no simple launcher/complication? Please consider adding this!

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

@mannym122

I'll pass it on to the team. :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#526

• mannym122
    mannym122
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

When setting up the watch face, for example the Modular one, there are 3 icons at the bottom where you can choose what app to launch (otherwise known as complications). I would like to select 1Password for one of those icons so I can quickly launch the watchOS 1P app which gives me instant access to my OTPs.

EDIT: Thanks!

• Super. That's exactly how I described it.

• Good day! 👋 It's been a long journey. Are you using 1Password 8? If so, complications are part of the watch app.

Check out our new blog posting? As of today, 1Password 8 for Apple Watch is available:

Community - Announcing 1Password 8 for Apple Watch ⌚️

Blog - Introducing 1Password 8 for Apple Watch

More exciting things to come.

• RPBarnes
    RPBarnes
    Community Member

I cannot see any way of adding a 1Password complication. No matter which complication I try to change, 1Password is never in the list I can choose to be there, so how do I do it then?

• @RPBarnes,

Are you using 1Password 8? You'd tap on the item in 1Password on the watch and scroll to the bottom of the fields and values for that item to toggle the "use as complication" switch (or navigate into the large type for a specific TOTP/password field to use those as the complication. Once that has been toggled you edit your watch face and swipe over to the "complications tab" tap the complication you want to set and it should give you a list of all available complications with 1Password at the very top.

• RPBarnes
    RPBarnes
    Community Member

Ahha! Thanks @rudy for the prompt help :D

• @RPBarnes – I'm glad to hear Rudy's instructions were helpful. Let us know if you need any help at any time. :)

This discussion has been closed.