1Password 8 for Mac doesn't respect line-leading space characters in notes. How can I fix this?

Options
tltltetd
tltltetd
Community Member

Here's what I have entered…

And here's how 1Password 8 for Mac displays it…

How can I fix this? I use spacing to help me group information not appropriate for standard fields in the notes across dozens of passwords.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 8 for Mac doesn't respect line-leading space characters in notes

Comments

• Hi @tltltetd 👋🏻

Interesting observation! I just tested this myself and am seeing the same results. I'll log this internally to see how the rest of the team would like to address it. In the meantime, I can suggest some alternatives, the first of which would be to use markdown: Format your secure notes with Markdown

Another option is to add a text field to the applicable items. You can do this by entering the edit state, clicking + add more and then selecting Text:

These field seem to display spaces the way you'd prefer:

Let me know how this goes for you or if you have any questions. 🙂

• tltltetd
    tltltetd
    Community Member
    Options

Lovely! Your first suggestion was all I needed, though it appears the reverse of what you wrote is true. I had markdown—which I don't use, fortunately in this case—turned on. Once I turned markdown off, the leading spaces appeared beautifully.

Thank you! Case closed. 🙌🏻

• Good catch, @tltltetd, I think you get more credit here than I do! 😅

I'm happy to hear your notes are appearing as they should. For anyone who may stumbled upon this in the future with a similar issue, the setting to toggle markdown can be found here under 1Password > Preferences:

This discussion has been closed.