1Password for the iPad Safari extension not working.

Options
gct3o
gct3o
Community Member

Trying to login to a website.
I have added a screenshot of the response that I got. I attempted to use the extension and this is what happened. I even opened 1Password on the iPad and copied the password and pasted it into the extension request and got the same.

I just need this app to work. It is vital and it has not made my life easier. I have no earthly idea how to get the browser extension to work. Must I delete and re-install AGAIN? Yes I have done it once already.

I am losing my patience with all of the issues. I have no idea where the info you want to describe the versions is located and do not have the energy to fight your UI to find them. I am using the latest iPad OS, Safari and what I beleive are the most recent versions of your software.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @gct3o

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with 1Password in Safari on your iPad. I notice in your screenshot that there's another Safari extension showing in the address bar – it appears to have an icon that looks like a dolphin. (It's not one I recognise, I'm afraid).

Try tapping the 🧩 extensions icon in the address bar of Safari and turn off all extensions except 1Password, just to make sure that nothing else is preventing 1Password from working as expected.

If that still doesn't work, try turning off any VPNs or proxies that might be in use. And if you're still having a problem, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iPad:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

⚠️ Please don't post your diagnostics report here.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here.

I look forward to hearing how you get on either way. :)

— Grey

• gct3o
    gct3o
    Community Member
    Options

Hi GreyM1P,
    First thanks for the reply and turns out I found that I had missed a key step when I installed the new app on my iPad. So the issue was that I had was that the extension that was running was the 1Password 7 extension. Disabled that and enabled the new one and all is working. I have now deleted V7 from my iPad and the old extension went with it.

As a suggestion your on-boarding for completely new apps might need to include a recommendation of what users need to do with the older versions of 1Password once the new version is running. In my case, I am not sure how I missed it during the installation process or if the need to do this was even highlighted. Ignoring recent evidence to the contrary, I am fairly computer literate.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction and "waking" me up. Perhaps this is the trade-off we make when software is made to appear to "just work". It never really does and users do not gain the experience needed to consistently think their way out of the problem.

Cheers

• GreyM1P
    edited October 2022
    Options

@gct3o

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you got it all working. We do mention to remove 1Password 7 in our upgrade guides on our support website (Upgrade to 1Password 8 for iOS), but not in the 1Password app itself. I've passed that idea along to our product team – thanks for the suggestion!

If you ever need anything from us at 1Password Support, please do contact us. We'll be here to help. :)

ref: IDEA-I-2096

• gct3o
    gct3o
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, for issues like this, I generally find that I the find specific help I need will take me too much time to find if I can find it at all. As a result if I look at all, I spend little time searching and if a solution doesn't slap me in the face I give up quickly.

You & your teammates always do provide excellent support even through this forum. I try hard not to need it. Obviously that doesn't always work - so it is nice to have your help!

• @gct3o – Hopefully this transition from 1Password 7 to 8 will be the last time that anyone has to install a whole new app to stay current. But I've made the suggestion to see if 1Password 8 can detect any older versions and suggest the user remove them to avoid any conflicts like the one you've experienced.

And as you say, we try our best to give you the best support we can, either here, or via email at support@1password.com – our inboxes are always open! :)

This discussion has been closed.