Splitting up a Family account

jorismathijssen
jorismathijssen
Community Member

I would like to remove someone from my family account in the safest way possible.
The other person is continuing with their own subscription and I want to keep my family account.

What would be the best and the safest way to start this process? Should the other person create a new account with its own subscription and move all passwords by hand? Can the other person keep their current account and change it into a single account?

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hi there @jorismathijssen

I think you're on the right lines there. I'd suggest the leaving user start their own individual account, then copy the contents of their Private vault in the family account into the Personal vault in their individual account: Move and copy items.

When they're satisfied that everything has been copied out of their family account into their individual account, you could then remove them from the family.

If you'd like any direct help with this, I'd suggest emailing us instead – send us a message at support@1password.com and the team will be able to walk you through the process. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help.

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.