How to delete document in entry (1P8)

ya1pwuser
ya1pwuser
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Windows

Hi everyone,
I have an entry with a document attached directly in that entry.
Now I have seperated that document to a seperate entry and liked it to the original entry.
But I have no clue, how to delete the document IN the original entry, as there is no option but to change the document (no selection is not valid here).
Has someone an idea, how to remove the embedded document from the original entry?

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @ya1pwuser,

Thanks for your question. When editing files saved as Document items, the only option you're presented with is to Replace File as mentioned. In order to delete this file you can delete the entire document item.

In a related (linked) item, an attachment can be deleted by editing the item and then selecting Delete File to the right of the file:

I hope this information helps, but if you any further questions just let us know!

• ya1pwuser
    ya1pwuser
    Community Member

Unfortunately, that little 'delete' button does not exist on this entry.

The big box beneath the title is the attachment, on the bottom you can see the two linked elements, one of them is the attachment (doublette). All attributes may be deleted exept the title (obviously) and the attachment.

• ya1pwuser
    ya1pwuser
    Community Member

Well ... now as I THINK of it ... that entry is a document ... it makes sense to not have a document entry without a document -.-

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2022

Hello again @ya1pwuser,

We appreciate the updates.

The ability to attach files to an item was later added to 1Password. When it comes down to linking an item to a related file in a Document item, you may find it more useful to attach the file directly. However, if you ever use 1Password.com (or .ca/.eu), currently the ability to download attachments is not supported there. This feature is only available through the apps, but is something we'd like implement in the future for 1Password.com. If this feature is something you'd be interested in seeing added, please let us know and we'd be happy to pass your thoughts along to the product team.

Do let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

ref: IDEA-I-226

• ya1pwuser
    ya1pwuser
    Community Member

Hi @ag_mike_d
    currently, I only use the files on my own computer which has the app obviously as they mostly are certificates used with the credentials in the linked entrys. However, I can see the benefits of downloading files (maybe not the certificates but PDFs of important documents) somewhere else, even on remote webbrowsers. So yeah, I'd like to see this feature implemented ... definately an improvement :)

• Thanks for letting me know, @ya1pwuser. I have included a vote for you in the feature request we're tracking!

This discussion has been closed.