1Password for Mac Used to be 1-step for log-in, now 2-step

Options
Feashman2
Feashman2
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Mac

I am using 1Password 8 for Mac. OS is Monterey. I have the Mac app installed so I don't have to access content via a browser. It used to be (release 7) when I booted the app I was directly prompted for Touch ID. Now, I get a dialog box that says I can enter Touch ID, though it isn't activated. The dialog box has two buttons (a) Use Account Password... and (b) Cancel. If I select Cancel, I then get the main 1Password screen that gives me the "Unlock with Touch ID button". Selecting that button then allows me to activate via Touch ID.

How can I get the Mac app to prompt for Touch ID directly?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Feashman2! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to unlock 1Password for Mac using Touch ID. Can you post a screenshot of what the dialog box looks like? Does it look like the following:

If it does then you can press your finger on the Touch ID sensor on your Mac to unlock using Touch ID. If the fingerprint is grey instead of red then click on the dialog box to bring it into focus (the fingerprint will turn red) and then use Touch ID.

If that doesn't work, or if you're seeing a different dialog box, then let me know. 🙂

-Dave

• Feashman2
    Feashman2
    Community Member
    Options

Ahhh! I never clicked on the dialog box. That did the trick. Thanks, Dave

• @Feashman2 – On Dave's behalf, you're very welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.