Updating passwords in 1Password for Safari on Mac

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sort by password age removed from v8?.

Comments

• Kalmaro
    Kalmaro
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Thanks Grey,

I always go for the 100 characters option (with numbers and symbols), except for passwords I may need to type out fairly often. All we have to do is wait for numerous websites to improve their passwords capabilities. There are still sites that only allow a maximum 15 characters?!

Although that reminds me, I should probably start another thread; I noticed when updating my passwords on Safari that the screen to update the login appears over the website and I have to dismiss it first before I can see whether the password was actually updated on the site. I can't just tap update as the site may not have accepted the password, usually due to having a lower maximum character limit or not allowing symbols. It'd be great if that window was moveable and I could confirm things on the website first before tapping update.

• @Kalmaro

Is this Safari on the Mac, or on iOS? Let me know, and I'll be able to split the thread and move the new one to the right board.

• Kalmaro
    Kalmaro
    Community Member
    Options

Safari on the Mac. I don’t tend to do password changes on iOS; a bit too much back and forth (although for similar reasons - at least it was, haven’t tried since the update)

• @Kalmaro – Thanks! I've split this into a thread on its own so that we'll be able to help you with this particular problem. :)

This discussion has been closed.