1Password for Mac 8.9.4 crash after copy

Options
DNewmski11
DNewmski11
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Mac

Since installing 1password 8 on an M2 MacBook Air and copying a password from 1Password for Mac 8 the app will freeze and becomes unresponsive. The app window is still visible but is unresponsive.

I am able to quit and relaunch but it happens again after I copy a few usernames and/or passwords. The browser extension will continue to work.

1Password Version: Mac 8.9.4
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version:12.6
Browser:
Not Provided

Comments

• bradical
    bradical
    Community Member
    Options

Believe I'm running into this same problem here too. When copying items from the desktop app, it will either not work or the app seems to disappear/crash.

• Hello @DNewmski11 and @bradical! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into trouble with the 1Password for Mac app. When you say that the app crashes do you ever receive a crash report? Or does the 1Password app always stay open but just goes into an unresponsive state?

If it's the latter then this sounds like an issue that our developers are investigating and I'd like to collect a little more information by asking for a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

ref: dev/core/core#13788

• bradical
    bradical
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Can do that. For me "crash" can mean one of two things: app goes unresponsive or the window just disappears completely. In the latter case, sometimes I can reopen the window but that doesn't usually resolve the copy issues. And only fully quitting the application from menu and reopening fixes. Will send diagnostic if I can reproduce it.

• DNewmski11
    DNewmski11
    Community Member
    Options

Sent!

Unfortunately, I did not receive an automated reply from your BitBot assistant.

• @DNewmski11 – It's all right, I've found your email. It looks like both emails you sent us were threaded together before they were moved to the right place, and BitBot doesn't reply in those cases. It's with the right team now, so they'll reply to you as soon as they can. :)

This discussion has been closed.