With 1PW8 I’ve been unable to reliably open 1PW with my fingerprint.

Options
debstr
debstr
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Mac

Now my fingerprint won't open 1PW at all, ever. I am shown the fingerprint option, then it instantly reverts to requiring a password. I've checked my Mac's fingerprint options and all seems in order. I can use my fingerprint to open my Mac without a problem.

Another concern is that once I have entered my password, 1PW won't stay closed when I close it until I shut down my computer. If I log out of 1PW, then click on it again without shutting down my computer, 1PW immediately re-opens without requiring a fingerprint or password.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:fingerprint option not available

Comments

• Hi @debstr 👋🏻

Sorry to hear fingerprint unlock isn't behaving as expected, can you tell me if you've been able to unlock 1Password 8 in the past with your fingerprint on the same device? I'd also like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac so we can take investigate the issue further:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. This will help us link the conversations.

Regarding your other concern, it sounds like you're referring to whether or not 1Password locks when closed, is this correct? I recommend reviewing your auto-lock settings:

Let me know what you find there and we can figure out our next steps. Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.