To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Personal vs Names Vault?

Kent McPherson
Kent McPherson
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Memberships

Why do I have both a vault called Personal and then my own named vault (Kent's Vault)? They are not in sync either.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @Kent McPherson! 👋

Every 1Password account comes with a default Personal vault. In addition to this vault you can choose to create other vaults and give them any name that you wish. Is it possible that you created this other vault sometime in the past? If you're using 1Password Families then one of your family member's might also have created this vault and then shared it with you:

Do you see both the "Personal" vault and the "Kent's Vault" vault when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

-Dave

• Kent McPherson
    Kent McPherson
    Community Member

Sorry for not responding sooner. This is what I see. The problem is Personal and Kent are not in sync. Should I be using Personal? Will Nancy have her own version of Personal on her login?

• @Kent McPherson

Thank you for the reply. Every 1Password account comes with a built-in vault named Personal/Private, every user has their own Personal/Private vault. 1Password Families memberships also come with a built-in Shared vault that all family members have access to.

It looks like you've created additional shared vaults named "Kent's Vault" and "Nan's Vault" which are separate from the individual Personal/Private vaults that both you and Nancy have in your own accounts.

Since I don't have access to your account information here on the forum, I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you set everything in order. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• Kent McPherson
    Kent McPherson
    Community Member

Here is the ticket number: [#SCF-75516-795]

• @Kent McPherson

Thank you for the Support ID. I've found your ticket and my colleagues will reply to your email as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: SCF-75516-795

This discussion has been closed.