A 1Password extension for the new DuckDuckGo browser for Mac?

Options

Is it possible, and if so, do you intend to support the new DuckDuckGo browser for Mac with a dedicated 1Password extension?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @snozdop

You should be able to use Quick Access and or Use Universal Autofill in apps and browsers on your Mac with DuckDuckGo (DDG).

The wait is over: DuckDuckGo for Mac beta now open to the public!

We try to never say never and in that vein we'll certainly keep looking at the topic and evaluating as things move forward with DDG.

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Yes, I've used Universal Autofill in DuckDuckGo browser. Attempting to log in here though, I had a few issues.

First time the input field focus changed as it was autofilling, and it filled in half the password at the end of the username,

Second attempt it missed a few characters off the end of the password.

Third attempt it wouldn't auto-fill anything at all, so I closed the browser window, reloaded the page and it worked that time.

I see in that blog post you linked above that Browser Extensions aren't implemented yet so currently a dedicated 1Password extension wouldn't be possible. Hopefully the relevant development teams will talk to each other to discuss what is required to make it happen.

This discussion has been closed.