I installed the version 8 browser app but none of my logins are there. How can I get them there?

Options

I've been using 1Password for over a year and it's worked very well, until now. I successfully installed 1PW8 on my iPhone and on my Windows laptop. But when I installed the browser app (Firefox, latest version), it installed, but my logins aren't there. I looked at a lot of support info, which seemed to say I still needed version 7 to import, but how can I go back to version 7? The info seems confusing. And further, the newly installed browser app doesn't function the way the old one did, automatically and smoothly prompting for new username and password when creating a new account. Also, when creating a new account, it saved the username and password as two separate logins rather than keeping them together as one login. The 1PW8 extension frankly seems pretty dysfunctional. I also wanted to link Fastmail and 1Password so that I can start using masked emails, and followed the support info to do so, but the link never completed, and again the help info seemed to take me around in circles.

I already have been using a Duck Duck Go email, and when trying to create a new account, I sometime see both the Duck Duck Go and 1Password icons on the create-new-email prompt.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: 8 - can't find further info
OS Version: Windows 11 Homw 21H2
Browser:_ Firefox 106.0.1

Comments

• Schroeder126
    Schroeder126
    Community Member
    Options

I restarted my computer and now the extension is populated with all of the logins.

This discussion has been closed.