How to get 1P8 to stay OPEN on ios iphone

Options
PDarb
PDarb
Community Member

I couldn't live without 1P but dear god, it drives me mad at times. On iphone I CANNOT get it to stay open. I have set the exit lock to 30 minutes in settings but nothing works. EVERY single app, every single website,, every time I need to enter a username, every time I need to enter a password - I have to enter my main password to open it. And I mean every single one. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere? I just want to open it and have it stay open during my session. Today I have transferred from my wife's old iphone to her new 14 and it has taken me almost the whole day checking and opening all of her apps. Almost all of this time has been taken up going into 1P with y main password every single screen. Any help much appreciated.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 8.9.6
OS Version: ios
Browser:_ any

Comments

• Hello @PDarb! 👋

At the moment, when filling or saving a password from inside of another app using Password AutoFill, you'll be prompted for either your account password or Touch ID / Face ID each time that you invoke 1Password. Our developers are aware of this issue and hope to improve this behaviour in the future. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, I recommend that you enable Face ID on your wife's iPhone which will allow her to fill and save logins without having to type in her password each time: Use Face ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad Pro

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#6214

• mattball
    mattball
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting annoyed by this limitation as well. Is there an issue I can follow to learn about behavior improvements here in the future? Thanks!

• @mattball

I'm sorry for the frustration, this is still on our developer's backlog to look into. The internal tracking number for the issue is core/-/issues/6214. When, or if, the issue is addressed you'll see it noted in our release notes: 1Password Releases

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.