Default vault with 1Password 8 for Mac

2»

Comments

• CropsUp
    CropsUp
    Community Member

Hello, I need too this option on 1Password 8 on Mac/Chrome extension/iOS. Thanks

• mklens
    mklens
    Community Member

Please add me to the list of people needing this in order to even consider upgrading myself or my family members to 1Password 8. It's really unfortunate this was taken out. Lots of discussions on here about why it is necessary for so many different scenarios. We need this basic feature back. Thank you.

• I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to provide feedback. I've added all of your votes to the internal tracking item open for this feature request. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-292

• majorfig
    majorfig
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

+1 on this as well. To all reading, I'd recommend that folks do not upgrade to 1P8 if you're using 1Password with a family until this feature is added. Not having the ability to remove vaults from view and/or setting the default vault to save credentials is creating a lot of manual work for our family.

This is impacting us on both the Mac and iOS versions of 1P8.

• @majorfig

You can choose to see which vaults are visible by using collections: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

+1 on this as well.

I've added your vote. Thank you for the feedback! 🙂

-Dave

• jabaker
    jabaker
    Community Member

Absolutely a big mistake to remove this feature in 1P8! -- I just upgraded a few days ago and am now sorely regretting not waiting even longer!!

For reference, I have a Family account and 2 separate company accounts that I'm part of, which means that some of my personal logins that would normally go into my Family account, are now ending up in one of my company accounts if I'm not careful about that Save screen!! -- Very frustrating, since I got used to it "doing what I wanted" after setting up a default vault so long ago! -- Please bring it back!

Srsly, I want to upvote like +12 times, or even +432, as I cannot emphasize enough how big of a deal this is!!

• @jabaker

Thank you for the feedback. I've added your comments and vote to the feature request open with the product team. 🙂

-Dave

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

@Dave_1P It’s my understanding that end users are in this predicament because of decisions that the devs made about no longer unlocking all vaults with the master password of one of them. So they eliminated the default vault feature because they could no longer guarantee that the vault would be available. Instead they implemented some complicated algorithm of which vault to use as a “default” based upon which one is selected, the current phase of the moon, etc. based upon the comments all over this forum it doesn’t seem to be working as designed. But even if it is the problem is that it’s not easily predictable. And that is not a good look when dealing with where a sensitive password is stored. AgileBits should absolutely stop being so stubborn and restore the default vault feature. But in the meantime the current behavior should be removed. It’s better to have no default at all and just make the user explicitly select the vault to save in than to have an unpredictable default.

• ag_tommy
    edited November 2022

Mac beta anyone? https://releases.1password.com/mac/beta/#1password-for-mac-8.9.10-9

You can now choose a default vault to save new items in.

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Awesome!

• @OAW

I hope that you enjoy the return of the default vault to the 1Password app, let us know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

@Dave_1P Looks good on the Mac. Just waiting on this feature to return to iOS.

• @OAW

Thank you for the feedback, I've let the team know that you'd like to see this in the 1Password app on your iOS device as well. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-292

This discussion has been closed.