Confused about Vaults

Options
rg937
rg937
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying Famlies subscription, myself only at this point before pushing out to my family. I'm confused about the vaults shown.

In the Windows app, it shows "Private", "xxxx Personal" (where xxxx is my name, presumably a name I defined during setup somewhere), and "Shared".

If I click to manage vaults from the my.1password.com site it shows only "xxxx Personal" and "Shared", no Private.

Back in the Windows app, it shows a significantly larger number of items in the "Personal" vault to that of the "xxxx Personal" vault. Hundreds in each but about 20% more in "Personal".

What's going on here? I don't understand the difference between "Personal" and "xxxx Personal", how I could merge them to simplify things, why one is not shown in the my.1password.com site.

Thanks,
Roger.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hey there @rg937

You won't see your Private vault listed in the Vaults section of 1Password.com, because there's nothing to manage! Your Private vault can't be renamed, shared, or deleted, so it's not shown.

In 1Password Families, you'd have started off with a Private vault and the Shared vault (which everyone in the family can use). My guess would be that you've added the "xxxx Personal" vault at some point, and that might be where the confusion is coming from.

I'd recommend moving everything from your "xxxx Personal" vault into your Private vault, then you can delete the "xxxx Personal" vault.

Let me know how you get on and if you need any help, I'll be here. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.