Tap search result

Options
SyberCorp
SyberCorp
Community Member

I know there was a known issue with this in 2018 but that discussion has since been locked for commenting, so I’m bringing it back up as the bug still exists in iOS 15, iOS 16, and presumably older versions in 1Password 8. I don’t recall ever seeing it in 1Password 7.

When searching for any item, the initial search results are randomly not openable and you either have to escape the results pane and reopen it, or tap “show all” at the bottom of the results pane to tap the item.

Comments

• SyberCorp
    SyberCorp
    Community Member
    Options

I’m not sure how this topic was duplicated since I only submitted it one time.

• Hello @SyberCorp! 👋

I've closed the other thread. 🙂

1Password 8 for iOS was first released earlier this year so any forum threads from 2018 wouldn't be relevant to this version. That being said, the issue that you describe sounds similar to something that our developers are investigating. Can you confirm that the following steps reproduce the issue (even if intermittently):

1. Open and unlock 1Password 8 on your iPhone or iPad.
    2. Tap on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the app.
    3. Search for an item.
    4. Tap on an item.

If I misunderstood the issue then can you send me steps that I can follow to try to reproduce the behaviour on my end? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#17319

• SyberCorp
    SyberCorp
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

@Dave_1P Those steps are correct. As is my workaround I detailed in the original post.

• @SyberCorp

I can confirm that we're aware of this issue and that our developers are investigating. I've added your notes to our internal tracking item for the issue so that our developers are aware. Hopefully we can get this fixed with a future update. I'm sorry for the frustration that the bug has caused.

Thank you again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.