1Password dropdown always asks for password

Options
alexmidd
alexmidd
Community Member

On my iPad, if I click the 1Password icon in the Safari address bar the dropdown ALWAYS asks for my password. This is even though 1Password is open and unlocked and I have it set to accept face unlock to unlock it. Every time I click this icon it asks me for the password. It down’t do this on my Mac and I think I have sorted it out on my Android phone, but on iPadOS I can NEVER get it to use my face to open it. Is this by design or should it work at least sometimes. Note that this is not the once every 2 weeks thing as it never lets me use face unlock, no matter how frequently I use it.

This is on top of some of the other issues that persist with version 8. I see that in the “Home” option the favourites are still not in alphabetical order, which makes it unusable. It seems there is a long way to go before version 8 is as good as version 7 was. Anyway, if the password issue could be resolved it would make using 1Password on my iPad more usable.

Thanks

Alex

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 15.7
Browser:_ Safari for iPad

Comments

• Hello @alexmidd! 👋

We’ve temporarily disabled Touch ID and Face ID for the 1Password for Safari extension due to changes in iOS 16. We understand the importance of biometrics, with the security and convenience it offers. iOS 16.1 is bringing some changes that we believe will enable us to bring back biometric unlock to 1Password for Safari and we're actively working to take advantage of those changes.

I see that in the “Home” option the favourites are still not in alphabetical order

A lot of people have requested this and we have an internal tracking item open to look into adding this feature. While I can't promise anything, I've added your vote so that the product team knows that this is something that you'd like to see. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-1537

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply.

Ah, Apple have been meddling again have they? 😆 Well, that explains it.

Anyway, it’s good to be aware of it and who to curse at when it happens, lol.

Thanks for the info and hopefully it will all be hunky dory again soon.

Cheers

Alex

• @alexmidd

Thanks for understanding. We hope to have good news to share soon. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.