Feature request: 'Uncategorised' category

JayNZ
JayNZ
Community Member

As we can't have custom categories or change categories or customise categories, could we at least have an 'uncategorised' category (or 'basic' or 'simple' or 'custom' or 'personal' or whatever), with no default fields in it at all, yes completely blank, as that would give me all the customisation I need. Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.6
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @JayNZ! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion, I've passed it along to our product team so that they can look into this. 🙂

In the meantime, I myself use Secure Notes to keep track of things like recipes or other information that doesn't neatly fit into one of the Categories available in 1Password. Secure Notes are very flexible and you can add custom fields to organize the information that you add. Here's a blog post that explains some of the possibilities:

Making the most of Secure Notes

Regardless of whether you use a Secure Note or another item type you can create multiple items with the same set of custom fields by using a "template". Set one up the way you want it, then save that as an empty "template". Then you can duplicate that item and fill in the fields. You can group those items together by using Tags. You can even add custom icons to those items.

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-374

• JayNZ
    JayNZ
    Community Member

Thanks Dave.

I often use Secure Notes as my default but the problem there is that the notes field at the top cannot be deleted.

When I posted above I thought this was the same feature with all the categories - they all have a set of fields at the top that cannot be deleted - but your reply prompted me to methodically check every category and the Passport, Crypto Wallet, Driver License, Outdoor License, Reward Program, Server, Bank Account, Database, Email Account, Membership, Social Security Number and Wireless Router categories actually lets you delete all the fields. The simplest one of those is Social Security Number with only two fields to delete so I'll just repurpose that.

Thanks again

• @JayNZ

Thank you again for your feedback! 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.