Chrome extension not working since 1password 8 update. How to fix?

Options

Since I have updated 1password 8 on my Mac (Monterey), the Chrome extension is not working. Safari extension is. When 1Pass opens it says to go to Browser icon. When I do - It opens 1Pass (sometimes) asking for the 1Password password, even if I'd just used it, and does not allow me to use fingerprint. The shortcut does not allow me to just fill the user & password as it had previously and does in Safari. I have no problem in Safari.
It also slows down and then freezes my computer (the spinning wheel of death) while using Chrome browser, as I am now. I have had to retype this multiple times, while testing the extension to better explain the details. This has taken me around 10 minutes. Please advise.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: Mac os 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome - latest
Referrer: forum-search:1password 8 and chrome extension not working

Comments

• Hey @ccgreen,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in your browser, can you try the steps below to see if it improves things:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit Chrome by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Chrome and test if it is working properly.

Let me know how you get on!

• ccgreen
    ccgreen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the steps; however, it did not work. I still get the "input password" from the extension - not able to use fingerprint. When I input the password; it comes back to searching in 1Password, instead of just inputting the password. Never had this issue with 1Pass version 7. Also doesn't allow me - or I can't now find- a way to generate password on new site, or changing passwords. When I copy the password from the app, it asks if I want to save password, as if it doesn't exist in 1Password. HELP! Do I need to go back to 1Password 7

• steph.giles
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi @ccgreen,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

ref: QHL-74186-723

• Mike8
    Mike8
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having the same issues. Before I could use 1password chrome extension to autofill if my local app was unlocked. Now it never auto-fills and i have to constantly re-enter my password into the chrome extension which also is very slow to load the password entry screen when i click the extension icon

• ccgreen
    ccgreen
    Community Member
    Options

I've sent the diagnostic reports and logs. Hoping this is solved, as I have paid good money to have this working - always loved it- But no longer. Anyone out there have any further thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.