Vault Sharing

pamenon
pamenon
Community Member

The new 1P8 version has missed out on few very good features of the earlier versions. As a paid subscriber for the 1Password Families account, I feel these were important features and missing in the latest version. Would be good if you could enable them in next release.
1. Creating New Vaults from within the App. This is only available through Web login at this moment.
2. Sharing and editing shares of the existing Vaults is not available in the mobile App. Again can be done only through Web login.
3. Sync the Vault to our own private cloud or file location. This was a very useful feature for me though it may sound redundant when 1Password is already in cloud. This feature enabled me sharing a particular vault with another 1Password subscriber whom I do not wish to include in my family. Sharing individual items using the link feature in the current version is a work-around I don’t like and feel it’s cumbersome.

Comments

• Hey there @pamenon

You're quite right that vault management isn't something you can do from the mobile apps just now. At the moment, you can create and delete vaults from the desktop apps, but all sharing and family management needs to be done from 1Password.com. It's been suggested that this feature be available again in the apps, so I've added your vote to that.

On your third point, you might consider inviting that other subscriber to your family as a guest.

Guest accounts are ideal for sharing information with people on a limited basis. They don’t have their own private vaults and only have access to a single vault which you choose.

— from the 1Password Support article, Share with guests in 1Password Families

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

ref: IDEA-I-1440

• pamenon
    pamenon
    Community Member

Thanks Grey for considering my first two points.
    Also, thanks for suggesting the alternate for the third point. However, one facility I had with the Sync option is to have my own copy of the vault in my own private cloud space. Though redundant but did give some personal satisfaction of having a copy of the vault. Probably it's more psychological.
    At this point in time, will be happy to get the first two in the mobile app as it's not very often we go to the web portal.

regards,
    Arun

• @pamenon

You're welcome! As far as having a local copy of your vault is concerned, you'll always have a copy of your 1Password data on your devices unless you specifically delete it. If you're offline for any reason, 1Password will work with its most recent cache. This cache would never expire, and could even be exported if necessary, all while disconnected from 1Password.com. If you've ever read your email while offline, you'll know how this works in practice. So in that sense, you already have a copy on each of your devices. Let us know if you need anything at any time and we'll be here.

• pamenon
    pamenon
    Community Member

Thanks @GreyM1P ! Appreciate your feedback.

Best wishes,
    Arun

This discussion has been closed.