I upgraded to v8 now cannot use my passcode on Safari iPhone

Options
LouisN
LouisN
Community Member

I upgraded to version 8 on Safari on my iPhone, Now I cannot use my passcode but must input my password each time. What settings would bring back my passcode

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 15,6
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:I upgraded to v8 now cannot use my passcode on Safari iPhone

Comments

• @LouisN

The feature is not present in the mobile apps while using version 8. I would be more than happy to let the team know this is important to you.

ref: IDEA-I-1222

• LouisN
    LouisN
    Community Member
    Options

Please let them know. If I had know this functionality would be lost, I would not have upgraded. I have no intention of using face id. I will stop recommending 1Password.

• @LouisN

You can return to 1Password 7 if you wish. Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

This is a problem for me as well. On the iPad mini 4, I don't use Touch ID because it's not reliable for me. (My fingerprint seems to change based on time of day and humidity. I gave up trying to get it to work consistently.) I don't mind using the iPad's numeric passcode to unlock, but entering the 1P8 master password multiple times a day is a deal breaker on the iPad since the password contains upper and lower case and symbols. Please allow 1P8 to be unlocked with the iPad's numeric passcode!

In the meantime, I reinstalled 1P7 and deleted 1P8. Thanks for the reminder on how to reinstall it. If 1P7 goes away, I'll have to find another password manager that works on all my devices.

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Update: I found a reasonable work-around. I stored my 1P8 email address and master password in the iCloud Keychain for 1password.com. I also set 1P8 to Auto-Lock after the maximum 8 hours.
    Since iOS is configured to allow Autofill Passwords from iCloud Keychain, I can autofill the 1P8 master password without having to type it in every time.

• Hello @owenw4rd,

Thanks for your update and letting us know this is a problem for you as well. I've included your vote for the return of this feature within the request we have filed with the product team.

• keythis
    keythis
    Community Member
    Options

I need pin passcode on iphone. Above specified icloud keychain work around is of no use to me. Please let me know here if you are not going to reinstate passcode..

• keythis
    keythis
    Community Member
    Options

I need pin passcode on iphone. Above specified icloud keychain work around is of no use to me. Please let me know here if you are not going to reinstate passcode..

• lb0716
    lb0716
    Community Member
    Options

Seconding this - I will never use face ID and just upgraded to 1P 8…very disappointed to see the passcode option is gone.

• quietconundrum
    quietconundrum
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

chiming in on this, too... I will never use FaceID and the quick custom pin code access to 1PW when switching between apps is absolutely crucial. I cannot rationalize why you would force this feature into obsolescence and limit assisted auth to only FaceID. please restore the accessibility and efficiency of 1PW by including this feature in version 8. I cannot reasonably use version 8 until this option is available.

• Hi all,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the additional feedback. I've included your votes letting the team know this is important and would like to see in 1Password 8 for iOS.

This discussion has been closed.