To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have deleted dozens of reused and weak passwords but my WatchTower score has never changed.

TorchMusic2
TorchMusic2
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Memberships

When I first got 1 Password 8 I had dozens of reused and weak passwords and my WatchTower score was 398.

I've deleted most of them, and now just have 9 reused and 12 weak passwords, yet my WatchTower score hasn't changed.

Is there a way to reset that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:watchtower score

Comments

• Hi there @TorchMusic2

Are you seeing that same Watchtower score on all your devices? Let me know what devices you're using with 1Password and I'll be able to recommend some next steps.

— Grey

• TorchMusic2
    TorchMusic2
    Community Member

Thanks, Grey.

My WatchTower status is 9 reused passwords and 12 weak passwords.

iPhone & iPad show a score of 358.

MacBook shows 398.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Steve
  • @TorchMusic2

Your Watchtower score is based on a few factors, but a big one is the proportion of your items that have weak and reused passwords. If you had 5 weak passwords, for example, that would be more of a negative impact on your Watchtower score if you only had 20 items total, compared to 200.

If you click the sort button at the top of the All Items list in 1Password, you'll see how many items you have:

The more items you add to 1Password, the better the effect of having strong passwords will be. If you don't have many items right now, don't worry – make sure the ones you do have are strong, and your score will increase over time as you add more items to 1Password. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help.

• TheFamily
    TheFamily
    Community Member

I’m in the same boat. I’ve been trimming the naughty list for the last few weeks and have seen zero progress on that score. I’m not even sure if I want it to go higher or lower - but after dozens of changes I want to see that some difference is being made. Otherwise what’s the point?

• Hi both. If you notice that your Watchtower score hasn't changed, you could try resetting 1Password on your device to see if that helps.

⚠️ The steps shown will delete 1Password's local database, including accounts, Logins, passwords, and other data. Please make sure that you can sign in to https://start.1password.com/signin/ and find all the items you would expect before proceeding.

Instructions on how to do this are shown here: How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device.

• TheFamily
    TheFamily
    Community Member

I tried that and it re-downloaded my items (other than the profile picture, which is somehow reverted to a default cartoon on my Mac, but still shows correctly on the web and on my iPhone). However, even after doing this I'm still seeing the same security score. In other words, this doesn't seem to have resolved the issue (and I need to go find my preferred photo again).

Obviously, this isn't a super important feature that needs to be addressed immediately, but I definitely want to highlight the fact that it doesn't seem to be working as expected, and apparently not just for me.

• @TheFamily – If you've reset 1Password and you're still having trouble, it sounds like we'll need to help you individually by email. Please drop us a message at support+forum@1password.com including a link to this thread and your username, and you'll receive an auto-reply from BitBot. It'll contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – please post that here, and I'll make sure your email reaches the right team to help you with this. Thanks very much. :)

• TheFamily
    TheFamily
    Community Member

Here you go: [#FPP-47144-933]

• @TheFamily – Thank you. We've received your message and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

This discussion has been closed.