“Email Accounts” aren’t copyable in iOS app

Options
smartishhome
smartishhome
Community Member

Hi,
I have multiple email addresses that are ‘burners’ that I use when I know I’m going to get spammed but I am required to provide an email address. I have these email addresses saved as ‘Email Accounts” in 1Password for iOS. However, I can’t figure out how I can just copy the email address so that it is available to paste anywhere I need it in iOS 1Password7. Checking the 1Password7 desktop app I am also unable to copy the email addresses in the ‘Email Accounts’ category.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a conscious decision by 1Password to prevent copying an email address in the ‘Email Accounts’ category? If it is a conscious decision, could someone please explain what the rationale is for this limitation because I cannot understand it. If I can’t copy an email address from the ‘Email Accounts’ category, I wonder why utilize this category at all. I must be missing the point. I’d love to better understand this so that I can optimize my workflow. Thank you.

Comments

• Hello @smartishhome,

Thanks for your message. Could you let me know how you have you have these Email items setup in 1Password and which field you are trying to copy the email address from?

I've done some testing with both 1Password 7 and 8 for iOS, after editing an item and adding a new email field (see guide below), this field is able to be copied. Please let us know if this works for you? Customize your 1Password items

If you have any further questions or concerns, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.