Not able to save new logins in Vivaldi

Options

After updating my 1Password in the browser extension to 2.4.5 beta in Vivaldi 5.4.2753.51, I'm not able to save new logins anymore. ☹️

Actually, this happened on https://sk-designz.de/register/, but I got this error on other sites also.

What could be the problem?

For testing, I switched to the latest stable version 2.3.8 of the browser extension. Here, saving new passwords into 1Password works fine.

1Password Version: 8.9.6-30 beta
Extension Version: 2.4.5 beta
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Browser:_ Vivaldi 5.4.2753.51 (Stable channel) (64-Bit)

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Just want to let you know that my issue is fixed in 2.4.6 beta build. 👍

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, have to correct myself. Version 2.4.6 beta is still not working properly. Just tried to create an account on https://www.bueroshop24.de/registrierung but it was not possible to save a new entry for that shop into 1Password. ☹️

It was also not possible to use the generated password from the browser infield-popup. Nothing happens when clicking on the generated password.

And when trying to use the extension icon to copy the generated password, the message appears that it is not possible to save the generated password.

Could you please fix this issue? Trying the same procedure with version 2.3.8 stable and it worked.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Any ETA here when this will be fixed? Actually, it is difficult to work with the latest beta build. ☹️

• Fedup
    Fedup
    Community Member
    Options

I ditched the Chrome Beta version of the 1Password extension in Brave browser at the time. It was causing nothing but problems

• DudeThatsErin
    DudeThatsErin
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having this issue on Brave v 1.44.112 as well. Randomly it will say "there was a problem" and not save the login.

• Hi folks,

Sorry for the delay in response. If you're continuing to have issues with generated passwords saving, we've had word that locking and unlocking the extension (or app) helps. Alternatively, if you'd like to remove the Beta extension from your browser and install the Production release, this should help while the team continues to investigate.

ref: dev/core/core#17386

This discussion has been closed.