All groups disappear, with an ugly server error

dgarcia
dgarcia
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Business and Teams

I inherited 1Password in the company, We just update the owners group and a horrible server error appear and all the groups disappear, now all the admin features are inaccessible.

How a company who said security is its speciality can release a software with this kind of bugs.
Additionally there is zero help support, why this company don't even offer a simple ticket system for support to its users.

1Password really sucks, fortunately the information haven't disappeared !

Comments

• Hi @dgarcia,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble using 1Password, but it's my pleasure to help you with this.

The error message suggests that you don't have permissions to manage groups. That could be caused by an error, but most often we see this happen when another team member alters your permissions. It would be best for us to troubleshoot this with you over email, where we can discuss the specifics of any account you have access too. If you'd like to send a message to support@1password.com, I'll be on the lookout for that and continue the conversation there. I can also contact you directly if that's better for you.

Let me know what you prefer.

Thank you

• dgarcia
    dgarcia
    Community Member

"The error message suggests that you don't have permissions to manage groups. That could be caused by an error, but most often we see this happen when another team member alters your permissions"

No one alter my user, I just wanted to add another user to the group "Owners" as you can see in the image, You system clearly said I have the permissions because the "manage button" is visible for me and no other team member, every time I just try to add myself or other user to the group the same error occurred. The window with the ugly internal server error just appear when I select the user and click on add to the group.

I understand you are only trying to justify yourself about this bug and try to blame us for the error, but doesn't really help me. The admin features of the portal like billing are still inaccessible and there is no way to add users to the group even if the button "manage" for the group is visible.

• ScottS1P
    edited October 2022

Hi again,

Whatever is happening, I'd be happy to help troubleshoot and get everything fixed up for you. With that said, it's difficult to do this in a public forum since we can't safely discuss anything about any accounts you might have with 1Password. I've sent you an email so we can work on this together. Please check your inbox and reply to there so we can start troubleshooting.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

ref: Zendesk-79522

This discussion has been closed.