ISSUE: Not able to save new logins in Chrome based browsers

Options

Hello,

as stated in this post: https://1password.community/discussion/134174/not-able-to-save-new-logins-in-vivaldi#latest
the 1Password extension (beta) is not able to write/save changes and new entries.
Seems to happen on at least Chrome-based browsers

After a while the current beta of 1Password extension (2.4.7) is not able to communicate with the main app or the server.
Reading entries it has loaded at time of unlock works.
Saving new entries don't work
Password generator can't save password history and displays an error message (see post mentioned).

Current workaround: Lock 1P, then unlock (the extension will reload everything to current).
The extension will sync for a while... and then broke anything related to saving after some time.

It is not really convenient and frustrating to work with the current beta...
This problem seems to have appeared in 2.4.5 and is still in 2.4.7

I hope you can fix this ASAP.

Best regards,

Olivier

PS: posting this hoping it will be seen by the team (1st post with the problem does not have any reply from the team...)

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: 2.4.7
OS Version: Win 10 Pro
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I also tried saving new entries with the new version 2.4.7, and it still didn't work. ☹️

I was wondering that nobody from 1Password team is reading / answering here. It is a known issue since 2.4.5 and a showstopper. It would be great if anybody from 1Password team could investigate here. 🤔

• Fedup
    Fedup
    Community Member
    Options

I agree @DenalB until you replied to my post I heard nothing from 1Password people here. Luckily I discovered what the issue was and removed the beta extension from my browsers.

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi folks,

Sorry for the delay in response. We're looking into this and I've added your details to our existing issue. Thanks for letting us know!

ref: dev/core/core#17386

• DudeThatsErin
    DudeThatsErin
    Community Member
    Options

Mike, that just linked me to this page: https://1password.com/downloads/windows/#browsers

is that expected? I see no comments.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @DudeThatsErin !

Yes, that's correct. There you can find the production release of the browser extension, which should work. 😉

This discussion has been closed.