Keychain Syncing in future 1password version?

dbooster
dbooster
Community Member

Apple's Keychain is getting better and better. Sometimes I find cases where keychain will suggest a password but 1password will not. In these cases when I have time I will launch 1password and use it, but when I don't have time or when it is otherwise inconvenient to do so (such as when I'm on my iPhone) I just use the Keychain suggestion and save it there.

Problem is later I can never be 100% where a password is, in Keychain or in 1password. Now it's easy enough to try both, but that is a small frustration that I could do without. Also, I don't benefit from 1password things like Watchtower when I use Keychain.

So my question is, will 1password offer a Keychain syncing option in the future? This would be a very easy way to ensure these passwords set using Keychain are copies over to 1password.

Thoughts? Other solutions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @dbooster! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't suggesting logins on certain websites. In general, we recommend that you don't run Keychain and 1Password at the same time in the same browser since it can lead to conflicts.

That being said, can you give me an example of a website where Keychain is suggesting a password but 1Password is not? I'd like to look into this further.

So my question is, will 1password offer a Keychain syncing option in the future? This would be a very easy way to ensure these passwords set using Keychain are copies over to 1password.

Items saved in your Keychain, like items saved in 1Password, are encrypted. I don't believe that Apple provides any API or method for another app to "sync" with Keychain.

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.