If I have a computer that died, what is the best way to restore or move account onto a new computer?

Options

Is it better to resend or move the existing account? After a hard drive dies on a computer.
Can you provide steps to the best practice for this situation?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:move account to new computer

Comments

• Hi @EBookwalter,

With a 1Password account, your data will travel with you to a new device. You just need to set up the 1Password app and browser extension and sign in with your account details (email, sign-in address, Secret Key, account password) to get back up and running.

All your account sign-in information including your account password if you wrote it down are stored in your Emergency Kit PDF, a document every person who joins a 1Password account is prompted to download, if using a computer.

Get to know your Emergency Kit

If a team member or guest lost their Emergency Kit or cannot sign in on a new device, an administrator within the account can start the recovery process for them. They'll be able to recreate their account password and receive a newly generated Secret Key. I hope this helps but let me know if I've misunderstood the scenario you've outlined.

This discussion has been closed.