What did you guys do? Version 8 removes features!

Options
tzosel
tzosel
Community Member
edited October 2022 in Mac

What did you guys do? Removed features and made more clicks to see what you want to see. Now on the task bar quick menu, you can't see all the fields unless you click to open a new window - this is no longer quick. Also, if I want to "reveal" a field or if I want to see a note, its now an extra click to open a new secondary pinned window. Not a big deal? YES it is, I do this action 100's of times a day. On top of that, there isn't any way to edit a field type, (say you want to change a text field to a password field) you have to delete the field and recreate it - WHAT!? I've been using 1Password for my work and family for many years, now for the first time I'm actually looking at other products like BitWarden. I guess my question at this point is there anyway to revert to the previous version of 1Password. I just can't believe you removed quick accesses and features in a new version, that is like software development 101 - don't remove features in new versions. How do I get back to the previous version to get these features back!

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OSX Monterey
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:task bar menu

Comments

• tzosel
    tzosel
    Community Member
    Options

The more I use the this more things I notice you ruined for the "Quick Menu". I used to be able to type an account into search and be presented with the details pane. Now that takes an extra click and not all the details are even available, it takes a another click to get to those other details. Also there isn't any way to edit an item from Quick Menu any more, to edit an item you have open the full client. As a tool I use upwards of 100 times a day, this is so disappointing to me and the whole experience just feels like a huge step backwards in user experience. The full client is OK, feels awkward but that is just a matter of getting used to but please consider bring back the a version of the Quick Menu that reflects the functionality and user flows of the old version (specifically in regards to more immediate display of details and display of all details - also the ability to edit from Quick Menu view)

• heythereshasta
    heythereshasta
    Community Member
    Options

Why did you literally double the clicks needed to get a password or info? Used to be so easy.

• Jacek
    Jacek
    Community Member
    Options

I agree, functionality has been ruined. I am also thinking about BitWarden which looks like old good 1password 7.

• Parasky
    Parasky
    Community Member
    Options

Anybody have any other options for a password manager? I'm done with 1Password. I constantly have to restart my macbook to get it to work at least once a day. It's so frustrating, this use to be a great product and they ruined it.

• tzosel
    tzosel
    Community Member
    Options

FYI - I found it pretty easy to revert to Version 7 and was able to exit the nightmare called 1Password 8. If they don't fix version 8 though at some point I'll be looking else where - too bad after being with 1Password since the beginning.

• tzosel
    tzosel
    Community Member
    Options

1Password….. Please do a press release when you realized the error of your ways in removing the Mini UI functionality so I know when I can try V8 again.

This discussion has been closed.