Is there an opera reliable plug-in for 1Password in 2022?

Hi,
i recently installed opera on my M1 Mac with Monterey.

I searched everywhere, there are many too old messages, but it seems that there is no official 1Password plug-in.

Is this true?

I'm really wondering that 1Password does not officially support this browser. As a business user, this may be a serious issue for us because the adoption of opera will be a requirement for some projects. I saw other password manager (lastpass, bitwarden, etc.) all have an official add-on for Opera.

Can anyone help me?

Kind regards,
Bart.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Opera
Referrer: forum-search:Install 1password on opera for Mac

Comments

• Hey @bdalia,

With 1Password 8 for Mac, Opera is not currently one of our supported browsers. You can however, install it in Opera from the Chrome Web Store but you just won't be able to use any of the integration features.

We have a feature request to add support in the future so I will add your voice to this.

I hope this helps!

ref: IDEA-I-422

• bdalia
    bdalia
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply Steph.
    I really hope that this add-on will be implemented as soon as possible.

Kind regards.
    Bart

• You're welcome Bart, your feedback has been noted 🙂

• starfish
    starfish
    Community Member

Another vote for Opera support! The current workaround is not really usable because the extension requests the password every single time.

• Hey @starfish,

Thank you, I have added your vote to the feature request.

The steps below may help with requiring your password less frequently:

1. Right click the 1Password icon on your browser toolbar and choose Settings
    2. Disable 'Integrate with 1Password app'
    3. Under 'Security' change the length of time under 'Lock after system is idle for'

I hope this helps.

• starfish
    starfish
    Community Member

Thanks, @steph.giles, I'll give it a try.

• You're welcome @starfish, let us know if you have any questions.

• chefmarc
    chefmarc
    Community Member

another vote for opera functionality. it doesn't work with touch id on the mac anymore. i'm curious as to why it was working before the latest major update?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @chefmarc, the classic extension used with 1Password 7 did work in Opera. The classic extension connected to the app in a different way than the new extension does now. Our developers are aware of the interest in getting the new extension to work in Opera on macOS, so hopefully it is something that they will seriously consider in the future. I've added your comment here to the internal request that we have for this. Let us know if you have any further questions!

• kamrus
    kamrus
    Community Member

I wanted to know what the status for Opera support looks like?
    I've even tried other browsers, but none work as well as Opera for me and I'd like to keep using it. Unfortunately, however, with such a poor flow of the plugin, I am slowly reckoning with resigning from 1password. There are other password managers on the market that offer support for Opera (also via a extension from the Chrome Webstore) and work great.

Are you able to specify what is the expected time to implement this functionality?

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kamrus 🙂

I'm sorry to say we don't have an exact timeline on the potential of being able to officially support Opera on macOS. I can appreciate that Opera is well-suited to your workflow, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused where 1Password is considered. I'd recommend keeping an eye on our releases page for updates in the future: 1Password Releases.

• dschuett2
    dschuett2
    Community Member

I am also very annoyed by the missing Opera support in 8. I am already thinking of going back to 7 and cancelling my subscription. Shouldn't be too hard to add since it's a Chromium browser.

• Hey @dschuett2,

I appreciate your feedback and I have passed this along to our product team. As we have mentioned you can use 1Password in Opera just with the integration features disabled. Let me know if you have any questions!

ref: PB-30515571

• dschuett2
    dschuett2
    Community Member

Yes but without Touch ID it it is tedious.

• @dschuett2, I do agree that it isn't ideal.

I have forwarded your feedback.

• Sucrose
    Sucrose
    Community Member

Add me to the list of people wanting Opera support, great browser and I wish I could use it full time, but without 1password support I've been using other browsers in the meantime.

• Thank you for your feedback @Sucrose, I have passed it on to the team.

ref: PB-30652319

• razok
    razok
    Community Member

How disappointing. I was just getting ready to ditch RoboForm for 1Password, but the lack of options for Opera (my main browser at work) might get me to rethink my choice. I can't even install the Chrome Extension because it says it is incompatible and won't even let me try. RoboFrom does not have a Native Opera browser extension, however the Chrome Extension works perfectly well and gives me full functionality.
    I really find it very surprising that you folks have so completely dropped the ball on this given all the 'best password manager' hype out there.

• Hey @razok,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I can definitely understand where you are coming from when you are reliant on a specific browser. I have added your voice to our internal request to add full support for Opera. You can still install 1Password in Opera from the Chrome Webstore and use it independently.

Thanks for your feedback!

ref: PB-30904389

• scottchoo
    scottchoo
    Community Member

Hi Steph,

Can you share any updates on the 1Password for Opera Browser? Any reason(s) as to why is it not already supported for Opera?

Looking forward to using 1Password Touch ID unlock in Opera Browser

Thank you

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scottchoo, I'm afraid we do not have any updates to share at this time. That said, we do know how important it is to use 1Password with your browser of choice, and we will continue to pass along the feedback about this to our developers. We don't have too much insight at this point into why Opera is not officially support, but things do change, and hopefully shared lock state (which is what allows for the extension to connect with the app) will be available for Opera in the future.

• letchcj
    letchcj
    Community Member

Add me the list of people looking for the Opera plugin.

• Hey @letchcj,

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed it on to our product team.

ref: PB31712843

• scottchoo
    scottchoo
    Community Member

Hi Joy_1P, much thanks for the update. I think from the general consensus, you can easily add +10000000 ppl who would be interested in having TouchID be supported under Opera Browser.

Is this 'shared lock state' an issue which require fixing from the Opera Browser's Team? Or is this something that 1Password's side needs to look into?

• @scottchoo

SLS (shared lock state) is on our side.

• faktory
    faktory
    Community Member

Brave browser which is supported by 1Password has 0.05% in the global desktop browser market and Opera which is forgotten by you has 2.43%, over 48x more. It's really hard to properly support Opera???

• @faktroy

Opera supports Google Chrome extensions. You might want to look into that avenue. I'll pass along your desire to see other browsers supported.

• scottchoo
    scottchoo
    Community Member

Here's wishing 1Password able to resolve this issue as speedily as possible, looking very much forward to using 1Password as it should be with TouchID in Opera working.

Thank you very much and keep the good things coming :-)

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023

Thanks @scottchoo

I gave the team a ping on your behalf. They know of your interest and yours too @faktory

ref: PB-31887809
    ref: PB-31887844

• faktory
    faktory
    Community Member

@ag_tommy sure, Im using Chrome version of 1Password extension but without full experience - no Touch ID, after updating do Opera 97 fill is not working, in general that solution is problematic.

This discussion has been closed.