No more right click to fill passwords?

rotlex
rotlex
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

So ever since upgrading to version 8, my right click\click in the username and password space to auto fill usernames and passwords function is gone. I have to go to the menu bar, select the 1 password icon and select autofill. The only options with the right click are lock, save login, help and hide on this page.

Is this by design, or is there something wrong with my Safari extension? If so, why in the world would this functionality change? Been a user for many, many, years, and frankly, this version is horrible.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• steph.giles
    edited October 2022

Hi @rotlex,

Thank you for your feedback. The autofill flow with the latest version of 1Password for Safari is to click into the field you would like to fill and select the inline menu suggestion that appears. This should then fill both the username and password field. Can you let me know if this works as I have described?

Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut Command + Backslash to fill with Universal Autofill.

I hope this helps!

• rotlex
    rotlex
    Community Member

Hi @steph.giles

Thanks for the response on this. I guess I kind of missed that function as it appears it gets overlayed by Safari's default username and password fill. Giving a "double" overlay making it difficult to see the 1 Password option. Not sure if I like that or not as it it's not very intuitive. Not really sure why they would remove the auto fill feature from the right\ctrl click menu.

thanks though!

• @rotlex

If you're seeing Safari's autofill inline menu as well, you can turn that off so that it's not in the way:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Then, only 1Password will appear when you click forms. Give that a go, and let us know if you need any more help. :)

This discussion has been closed.