Logging in to 1password freezes Chrome browser on mac

Options
enkeboll1pass
enkeboll1pass
Community Member

I think this issue has been posted several times but I can't find any resolution or remediation anywhere. Every time I log in (usually via fingerprint reader) to 1password on my Macbook Air M2 in Chrome, Chrome is unusable for between 8 and 15 seconds. This happens dozens of times a day. I'd really like to know what's going on here or what I can do to help debug.

1Password Version: 8.9.4 80904044
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Chrome Version 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (ar

Comments

• Hello @enkeboll1pass! šŸ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that Chrome is freezing when you unlock 1Password. Our developers are investigating an issue that sounds similar to what you describe and I'd like to dig deeper. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

ref: dev/core/core#17385

• enkeboll1pass
    enkeboll1pass
    Community Member
    Options

welp, and just like that it seems to have fixed itself. I did a full force quit of both 1pass and chrome, and that seems to have solved the issue for me for now.

• @enkeboll1pass

I'm happy to hear that everything is working now. If the issue returns then please send in a diagnostics report and we can investigate further. šŸ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.