Poor app

Options
vishalsheth
vishalsheth
Community Member

1pw8 is very poor implementation. 7 was far better. Why did you make it? It’s not smooth, the earlier interface was superb. I have never had problems adopting new interface but it has to function. It can’t crash. Also I’m not on your beta testing list and I don’t intend to join.

Comments

• Hello @vishalsheth! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble with 1Password 8. Can you tell me a little more about the issues that you've run into? Where are you finding the app to be less smooth than 1Password 7? And are you using the app on your iPhone/iPad or on a different device? 🙂

-Dave

• Txaggiechik
    Txaggiechik
    Community Member
    Options

I also don’t really care for the PW8 version, it feels clunkier and not intuitive.

I can no longer “reveal” a PW without going into the “edit” mode and then clicking on the PW itself. This makes me feel like there is the possibility to hit a wrong button a erase my PW.

Also, I can’t seem to find where to set which vault I want to view/work from so now I have double entries for TONS of my stuff. Since many are from an earlier vault several of the PW are outdated and when trying to sign in it’s a 50/50 shot if I select the correct one to autofill.

If I’ve overlooked a setting please let me know, but I’ve gone through all the tabs I can find.

I should note I use 1PW 99% of the time from my phone currently since I can’t install it on my work computer. So if the iOS version doesn’t work then 1PW isn’t of much use to me.

Many thanks, hoping to get back the functionality that we have enjoyed for YEARS with 1PW before the release of PW8

• jsinglestein
    jsinglestein
    Community Member
    Options

To reveal a password now you have to long press on the hidden password.

• @Txaggiechik

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into some trouble with 1Password 8. As @jsinglestein mentioned, you can reveal a password by taping and holding on the password field and then tapping on Reveal in the menu that appears.

Also, I can’t seem to find where to set which vault I want to view/work from so now I have double entries for TONS of my stuff. Since many are from an earlier vault several of the PW are outdated and when trying to sign in it’s a 50/50 shot if I select the correct one to autofill.

If you have a vault filled with older items that you're no longer using then I would recommend that you move any items that you need to keep from that vault to another vault and then remove the old vault. Alternatively you can archive those old items so that you're no longer seeing them when working: Archive and delete items

If you'd like to keep the old vault and items then you can use 1Password 8's new collections feature to choose which vaults you see and work with: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

• Txaggiechik
    Txaggiechik
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for the info and assist. I noticed yesterday the index returned to the right side for easy search. I had to go check my PW version to make sure it was still PW8, so glad to have this back at least for my logins.

I will tackle that old vault and after writing the above I see less duplicates, so I have no idea what’s up. But yes, I should archive or delete that vault after I can properly scrub it.

Many thanks, we really do love 1PW. My next step will be to ensure we are on the best plan option for the two of us to continue using 1PW.

Cheers
    Stephanie

• @Txaggiechik

I'm happy to help. 🙂

If you send an email to support+forum@1Password.com our team can take a look to see what plan you're currently using and then recommend the best option for you. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• Txaggiechik
    Txaggiechik
    Community Member
    Options

Dave,
    Thanks so much for the assistance. Have a wonderful day. Cheers Stephanie

[#WWR-47339-744]

This discussion has been closed.