Version 8: Terribly non-intuitive searches, navigation

Options
bmasti
bmasti
Community Member

As a long-time paid user of 1Password, I am deeply disappointed with 1password's latest release (I am using 8.9). This has to be snappy, and intuitive and basic features like search and list should work like what we are all used to. It is so annoying and wastes time now. Search is so basic - we login to 1password and search for something all the time. Now, by default, the search should list all hits (this is normal behavior). It is so poorly organised and shown. There may be ways to do this -- but on a mac, it should work like how Apple's finder works. It is annoyingly disappointing. Will this be fixed to how it used to work? Or a new permanent feature? This is unproductive enough that I will stop and switch. Something so basic...Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

The problems with the new search were reported about a year ago during early access. It took ten menths to be able to search for pratial word/sub strings again. Before all searches started at the beginning. But the UI/UX wasn't changed although quite a lot of users complaint.
    You could try to use find by hitting CMD + OPT +F. This opens a second search field just above the item list next to the sort button. This works almost like the far superior search of previous 1PW version. Sadly this is well hidden and can't be set to be the default.

• mothergeek
    mothergeek
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with bmasti's post. Is there a simple way to go back to version 7?

This discussion has been closed.