1Password no longer offers to automatically record a sign in, what can I do to solve it?

jpdwjr
jpdwjr
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password no longer offers to automatically record a sign in, what can I do to solve it like in the Version 7?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac Monterey 12.6
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:1Password no longer offers to automatically record new sign in information

Comments

• Hey @jpdwjr,

Can you start by letting me know if you have installed 1Password for Safari from here? If yes, do you see a 1Password icon in your browser toolbar?

• jpdwjr
    jpdwjr
    Community Member

Hello yes I have installed 1Password for Safari and yes I see the icon in the browser toolbar

• Thanks for getting back to me @jpdwjr.

The save flow in the new 1Password for Safari is slightly different to that of 1Password 7. Can you try it out on our test website using the below steps and let me know if it works as expected for you?

1. Go to https://fill.dev/form/login-simple.
    2. Enter some junk data into the fields and click on the 'Save in 1Password' prompt that appears beneath the fields.
    3. Give it a title and click 'Save'
    4. Now refresh the page and see if you can fill with this new item.

Let me know how you get on,

• jpdwjr
    jpdwjr
    Community Member

Hello I have tried but it doesn't work as I have to it manually, see
    copy screen

• Hey @jpdwjr,

Can you let me know what happens when you click 'Enregistrer dans 1Password'? Are you able to save the item?

• jpdwjr
    jpdwjr
    Community Member

Hello, yes when I click it saves all the info. In the previous version of 1password it was automatic and I din’t need to do it manually

This discussion has been closed.