Migrate to new iMac

i24teen
i24teen
Community Member

Plan to use Migration Assistant to move everything to new iMac. Are there instructions for starting up 1PW 8 in new iMac? Plan to keep old iMac for a few months in case of problems - can I still use 1PW 8 on 2 iMacs or does license only work on one computer?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.4.0
OS Version: macOS 11.7.
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Migrate to new Mac

Comments

• Hi @i24teen

There's no need to use the Migration Assistant -- if you have a 1Password membership you only need to install the latest version onto your new iMac and sign into your 1password.com account - then you're right where you left off. 🙂

• i24teen
    i24teen
    Community Member

There are many reasons to use Apple's Migration Assistant other than 1Password. The key question is can I have two Macs using the same membership? It would helpful if 1Password's user information covered switching computers - a common occurence. Lots of posts in the knowledge base but most of it is about unusual situations, including disasters, or is out of date.

• @i24teen

A 1Password membership allows you to use 1Password on all of your devices. You won't have any trouble using 1Password on your two Macs.

Once you use Migration Assistant you should be be able to unlock 1Password for Mac and see all your data on the new Mac without any additional steps. Let me know if you do run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.