search is useless; looking to move back to 1PW7 (need link to restore it)

Options
dtoub
dtoub
Community Member

I'm giving up having moved back to 1PW 7 on iOS. In the Mac release version of 1PW 8, I just searched for Marriott and rather than listing the several options with that in the title, it simply produced a result of the latest version (I was trying to resolve the fact that in one of my vaults I had an old password and assumed the search results would list ONLY items with Marriott in them. I was wrong).

This is kinda useless now. How can I get 1PW 7 back on macOS?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @dtoub! 👋

1Password 8 will show you the most relevant result in the search pop-up but you can view all matching results by clicking on Show all matching items:

If you don't see the appropriate result there then then can you tell me a little more about the issue? Where is the word "marriott" located in the items that aren't appearing in the search result? In the title? Or in one of the fields inside of the other items?

How can I get 1PW 7 back on macOS?

With the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password 7 is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. Although you can continue to use 1Password 7, it’s best to use the latest version of 1Password that includes all the latest features and security updates. That being said, you can revert back to 1Password 7 if you wish by following these steps:

1. Click on the 1Password 8 icon in the menubar and click Quit.
    2. Open your Applications folder and drag 1Password 8 to the trash.
    3. Restart your Mac.
    4. Open your Applications folder and double-click on "1Password 7.app.zip" to restore the backup copy of 1Password 7.
    5. Double-click on 1Password 7.

-Dave

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

thanks. You might want to make "Show all matching items" more prominent. I didn't notice it at all, and I've been a 1PW user for ages.

• @dtoub

Thank you for the feedback. I've passed it along to the product team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-289

This discussion has been closed.